Thursday 19 July 2007

Project Brainstorm

http://www.projectbrainstorm.ca/about-project-brainstorm


My sister sent me to this website, after she had been researching her own brain tumor. there are over 120 different types of brain tumors

only 31 percent of males and 30 percent of females survive 5 years after the diagnosis


Doesn't this mad you sad, angry, scared, anything? I have grown to become quite afraid of the apathy I see around me. And I'm not talking political apathy, I'm talking apathy-apathy. I sometimes wonder If we've retreated so far within ourselves, and indulging in the "me,me,me culture" that we are incapable of empathy. Oh all things I like to ponder; but not now, because I have to go update my myspace.

1 comment:

andriko.l said...

Yes, Yes, Yes.

It seems that more often than not, the government, whatever government it is, wherever it is. Although the argument is often used that they must operate in cost effective ways, they often have their hands in someone else's pocket, namely big business, and pharmacy, is right up there with tobacco for big and bad.

The same can be said for disabilities, and the elderly. Governments tow the line and say that people must be institutionalized because this is the way, meaning that there are no other options. In another light however there are many options that do not require institutionalizing a person and are in fact more economically efficient.

This is so often the case, it makes me mad, and it makes plenty of people mad. Governments offer but one choice, take it or leave it, ad those that leave it are often forced to foot the bill - unless - we use our smarts and our power as individuals and groups of voices who do as we should and press for true democracy rather than autocratic and corporate governments who treat their powers of decision making as a way to fatten a bank account.

a