Sunday 9 September 2007

Awesome Stuff



Jean-Paul De Roover - Fellow grad student and musical genius.

Completely Inspired me. A one man musical revolution if I do say so myself. His syncopated rhythms set to complex time signatures and dance happy vocal arrangements made his Thursday set sing with the grace and ease of dolphins at sea.










Mark Berube: Singer Songwriter from Vancouver who played defsup last friday night.

Completely Inspired me.

I got to the defsup art gallery a little late for the opening of the new show at 7 pm, I was diligently working on my thesis, so I arrived just as Mark Berube had begun his third song. Moments into his first seconds of say it aint so' I was hooked and I was kicking myself for being late. A true master played in a room that deserved a live recording. Nuff Said.
All that I ask is for you to visit his Myspace, click the above link and listen to Say it Aint so. go on have a cry, have a laugh and the post your comments.

The last thing.

The third thing.

I have in my hands, well next to me. A printed copy of my Thesis.

New Title "The Urban Winter"

I will receive comments over the next few weeks, edit it and then get it out to my committee.

It's been at least 10 months in the making but I finally have something to show for all my interpersonal negligence.

Here goes...

a

No comments: