Saturday 11 August 2007

Saturday night with the computer



It brought us Swedish meatballs, Billy bookshelves and endless queues on the London North Circular on Saturday afternoons. Now Ikea is going one step further and opening the Ikea Hostel, where customers can stay overnight if they haven't finished their shopping.

Later this month, Ikea Norway will let shoppers sleep overnight in one of its two Oslo warehouses, an operation that will last a week. "It will be like an alternative hostel," said company spokesman Frode Ullebust.

Thats the news if you haven't already heard it.

Muchos Gracias to both Becky and KBro for the posts. Hopefully we can use this place, the vitrual sauna, to help each other to generate ideas and discussion about the projects we are working on, or the thoughts we may be thinking.


Comments are always welcome and encouraged. Please spread the word about the virtual sauna to your friends and family, in that way we can hopefully generate a buzz and let out the academia like blood from a stone. Too often the interesting things that we find out go unheard of, simply because it gets channeled back into our writings, most of which stay relatively internal. Lets get external. Lets get interesting. Lets share.

Lately I have been pushing hard to smooth out my existing chapters and get primed to hammer out the final one on the festival.

I must say that working for Dr. Genosko this summer has been the best job I have ever had. It beats painting, running a kids park, cutting grass, apartment maintenance... Yeah, it's swell. Research is a good way to spend time, as well, since I got to schedule my own time, I made sure that when It was hot I was sitting in the sun, probable increasing my chances of getting cancer - awesome.

peas

No comments: