Friday 31 August 2007

The Last Day of August

So here I sit in at my desk, typing these words on a keyboard looking at a screen that has met my stare for the past 3 months.

My goal at the outset was to complete a good draft copy of my thesis by today. I must admit that at present I think that I am about 3 or 4 days off the mark.

The goal was not too enormous and should I have been more capable of focusing steadily in the first month I probably would have been done a few weeks ago.

Alas here I sit, still staring, thinking, typing these words, making connections, editing out misnomers. It seems that my period of greatest progress has been the last month. Something about deadlines that motivates one towards an end.

So with the new school year looming on the horizon I move to strike and finish this beast. A preliminary copy at least, before I really take the knife to it and whittle down a quality piece of writing.

Many best wishes to all who embark down this road.

a

No comments: